- We're not sure God's really there. Or if he is there, is he close enough to care?
- We don't want to change.
- We think we should have changed already, so we're on our own until we "catch up."
- The issue facing us feels too big for God to handle.
- The issue facing us feels too small for God to care about.
- The issue is not our fault. It's "those people" who should do differently.
- Since God hasn't fixed this already, we think he does not want to do anything about it.
Which one comes up in your thoughts?
For me, it is probably #7. But Jesus reminded us that we need to be persistent in prayer.
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up."